Gurtex® SG-168 can be applied onto a wide variety of building materials including metal structures, galvanized materials, roof tiles, exterior chemicals and petroleum storage tanks and pipelines as waterproofing, anti-corrosion and heat insulating purposes.
- Make sure all structures and surface beneath the substrates are sound and stable.
- It is important to remove all dust, dirt, loose debris or oil stains from the substrate.
- Recommended application methods are
- Thick paint brush
- Airless spray at 220bar
- Always apply on a dry surface.
- Dosage: minimum 0.5 to maximum 1.5kg per square metre.
- Stir all products with a stirrer for minimum of 5 minutes
- Recommendation: Apply a single coat of SG-368 (brush or roller) and let it dry for about 4 hours before applying SG-168.
- SG-168 can be applied direct on substrate – minimum 3 coats for best results. Apply 1st coat with brush or roller and let dry for 4 hours before applying 2nd and 3rd coat.
- Always apply 2 to 3 coats of SG-168 to achieve the best waterproofing and UV radiation reduction results.
- Recommendations to spray paint the 2nd and 3rd coat of SG-168 at the same time, apply slow, smooth, continuous crisscross overlapping spray strokes onto the substrates, hold the spray nozzle about 0.4 to 0.6m away from the application surface.
- Repair work (respray) can be applied directly on areas that is not properly covered by the first application, simply remove any dust or debris on the surface of the problem area and spray over.
- Seal container lid air tight after use, store left over container in cool place, away from direct sunlight.
- Clean tools and equipment with solvent, kerosene, diesel or petroleum, rinse with clean water before storing these tools or equipment.
- Solid content : ≤40
- Surface drying : ≤30min at 25°C
- Full drying : ≤48h at 25°C
- Recommended thickness : 0.5 – 1.5kg/m² (2 to 3 coats)
- Packaging : 20kg
- Keep product in a cool and dry place.
- Storage temperature 0°C – 40°C.